Monday, June 2, 2008

AAAAHHHGH!

SUPERSTAR started driver's ed. tonight.

The parents sat in on the first half hour. As I'm sitting there watching the teacher's presentation I began to get that familiar lump in my throat and the sting of emotion in my eyes. I'm not sure if it's like the excitement of his first day of school, or the emotion of his participation in that first sacred ordinace, or the dread of his first broken bone, or or the shock of his first fight at school, or the pride of an A in algebra (I wouldn't know about the A in algebra). I don't know exactly what the lump and sting are all about but even as I write this I feel it.

2 comments:

Becky Frame said...

Hi there! I have enjoyed perusing your blog for the past several minutes! I absolutely love your nicknames for your kids. So cool. I'm soaking up your sharing about your life. Beautiful. And I'm so excited to hear of your journey of redefining. There's nothing like a little truth to rock foundations to the core. I pray that the beautiful light of God's truth with swoop in voraciously to be the foundation of your journey. And I responded to your comment on my site, but I'll tell you here as well, I'm so thankful to God that He was able to touch your heart through my quirky turtles. His plan is beautiful indeed.

Becky Frame said...

That would be "God's truth WILL swoop in", not "God's truth WITH swoop in". LOL!