Friday, May 30, 2008

Competition or Criminal?

Wooo! We had major drama at SWEETHEART'S softball game tonight.

Both SWEETHEART and SUNSHINE had a game tonight. At game time I was the only parent who knew how to keep score. So I ended up keeping score for SUNSHINE'S game and was not able to watch much of SWEETHEART'S.

SUNSHINE'S team beat the only undefeated team in the league 8-2! They played AWESOME. She was catcher for the first half of the game. Not a single ball got past her. She was incredible! I'm so proud of her. She gets in there and makes it happen.
Way to go girl!
I went over to SWEETHEART'S game. Apparently, early in the game a member of the other team gets tagged out at home. As she's getting up she kicks the catcher twice in the crotch. The umpire ejects her from the game. This causes the coaches from that team to go balistic (apparently). One coach accuses the umpire of unjustly kicking lots of girls out of games because 4 years ago he kicked his daughter out of a game.
The umpire tells the coach, "You've just made this personal. If you say one more thing you'll be ejected as well. Do you understand?"
Coach responds, "Yes."
When I get there the umpire makes a call. The girl from the other team left the base early and is called out. Both coaches from the other team again go balistic. Umpire ejects the previous coach. A fan yells explictives. The umpire ejects the fan as well. Still both coaches are yelling and in the umpire's face.
Umpire tells the first coach, "You have 60 seconds to get into the parking lot or I'll call the game."
Coach says, "I'll take all 60 seconds." Coach and fan, in exaggerated slow motion begin walking to the parking lot.
60 seconds later they are just crossing into the outfield. Second coach still yelling, girls from opposing team are screaming (following the lead of their coach).
The umpire calls the game. Coach still yelling. One of our parents tells him to "cool it". The coach yells back at the parent, "You want a piece of me? Come on out here and get it!"
Holy Cow!
As is customary, our team comes out of the dugout to give the final cheer for the opposing team. They cheer, "Ra Ra Ra 'YOU GUYS'!"
The opposing team comes out of the dugout and cheers, "Ra Ra Ra 'US GUYS'!" (rude)
Both teams line up to say, "good game". One player from the opposing team slugs our pitcher and calls her a "B*****".
I'll tell you STRAIGHT UP. If it had been my daughter who'd been kicked or slugged I'd be pressing charges. STRAIGHT UP!
On top of this, thier team was winning 7-1.
I don't get it.
Any of it.
I'm seriously considering not allowing my daughter to play in a game with that team ever again.

No comments: