Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm on a diet. Sorta. I really want Chocolate Chip Cookies. Really. But, I'm not going to have any. 'Cause I'm on a diet. Sorta. So instead of making and eating them I'm going to fantasize and write about them. I have the most wonderful CCC recipe which I have perfected over time. Enjoy and think of me as you bask in their wonderfulness.

1c I Can't Believe it's Not Butter
(You may think that any kind of butter or margarine will work. You would be wrong.)
3/4c sugar
3/4c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1t baking soda
1/2t salt (shake the measuring spoon over the sink a bit to relieve it of some of its contents. Too much salt=bad / Too little salt=better)
2 3/4c flour*
8 ounces of MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the egg. Mix. Add salt and soda. Mix. Add half the flour. Mix. Add the rest of the flour. Mix.
Here comes the "art of CCCs". *The dough MUST be the consistency of play dough. If the dough is sticky the cookies will go FLAT and be crunchy. We want plump, soft cookies. So, add more flour as needed to get play dough.
Stir in the MILK Chocolate chips.

Drop rounded spoonfuls on to an UNgreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-11 minutes or until no indent occurs when touched with your fingertip.
Cool the cookies on a cooling rack and try not to eat them all yourself.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE chocolate chip cookies. I could eat them all day, and have.

I will try your recipe! I can't believe you can use I can't believe it's not butter. Cool!

tammy said...

I am sorta on a diet, too. But it won't stop me from trying these. I don't like milk chocolate so will semi sweet work?

FallFleur said...

Tammy,
You can put whatever kind of chocolate you like in the cookies.

However, I'm sure that if you wear that cute, Cute CUTE apron you won they'll be even better.

Enjoy!