Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Tag

I have a cousin who likes to play these "tag games". I must admit that they are sorta fun. So, here's another one.


The rules are you're not supposed to clean up beforehand. So I didn't...


1. Favorite Place


I took all of these pictures around my house...So instead of showing you my favorite place in the whole world (which happens to be a specific room in Las Vegas [not a hotel room}]) I'll show you my favorite place in my home (which happens to be just outside my home).
This is the back deck of my house. The view is amazing. Mornings and Evenings are the very best time to sit here. Mornings the sunrise is beautiful and this time of year the brisk coolness of the morning is rejuvenating. Evenings -with lots of mosquito repellent - are great to relax, read or simply meditate.



2. Self Portrait

Ugh! Those bags under my eyes are ridiculous...Oh well, there I am.

3. What are your kids doing right now?

SUNSHINE and SUGAR are just finishing a Settlers of Catan game. Amazing that they still like each other after a round of killer Settlers. I refuse to play that game any more. Every time I've played it I or someone else came away hating the rest of the world.

SWEETHEART is in her room doing sit-ups...she did NOT want her picture taken...can you blame her?

SUPERSTAR is not home...surprise, surprise...Our town has an annual festival/community carnival. It's Friday night, he's hanging with his "peeps", watching a band, scoping the '"scene" and flirting with the "ladies" down at the festival. YIKES!

4. Favorite Shoes

These are my favorite just because I got them today at a second hand store..$5. I figured everyone needs a pair of red shoes and I didn't have any. SWEETHEART hates 'em...too bad for her...I'm not gonna let her wear them.

5. What does your fridge look like?



I don't usually keep it open like this, though.


6. Favorite room in your house


This is my favorite room TODAY because I just decorated it today. Cool Hu? I had an epiphany a couple of days ago and drew a sketch of how I'd like to decorate my tub area. It's been plain for too long. I'm not a decorator, it's not my thing...but I was able to take my sketch and go shopping. I was amazed at how easily I found just about everything I wanted. I left this morning around 10am to shop, went to about four stores, made the drapes, hung the hardware (From the ceiling, no less, by myself, even more impressive) and put it together before the day ended. AND I spent less than $100. WOW.. I am amazing aren't I?


7. What does your sink look like?


Well, I have been busy with other things, namely my bathroom. But the duck is new. I got it today, too. I love it!


8. What does your second bathroom look like?



At least the seat is down. However, I'm glad this didn't say "what does the bathroom your children use look like?" That would NOT be pretty.


9. What Does your Closet Look Like?


The rules did say, don't clean before. What you see is pretty much what's there every day. Oh well...

10. Show us your laundry room


I like my laundry room...It's big and does not have another door that leads out side. I've lived in homes with pretty lousy laundry rooms. In one house the water heater was so close and in front of the dryer that it was difficult to both open the dryer and be there to remove clothes from it. In another house the laundry room was in the garage (crazy that anyone would think that a dirty place like that would be a good place to make clothes clean). In another house the laundry room was also the entrance to the garage, more of a hallway. I generally knew that everything in there was dirty 'cause as soon clothes were clean they were moved into the living room to be hung/folded/put away. So my living room became an extension of my laundry room. Yuck! But now I have a great laundry room with a folding counter, cupboard space and a looooong clothing rod to hang things up. Whoopie! but, it is a mess. Oh well, I've been busy with other things today...


I tag YOU. Just remember NO CLEANING beforehand just grab your camera and take the shots right now!! Once you've accepted this challenge, let me know. I'm anxiously waitng to see what you will share.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that big laundry room. Mine is really small. I want those big washer/dryers and I don't think they would fit. I just got home from a trip and my house is a mess. Plus I don't really have a favorite room. Isn't that sad? Beautiful rooms/house! Somewhere on my blog is my kitchen-oh and even my living room. They are okay, I guess.

tammy said...

That was fun to see! I might just have to play this one. I love what you did in your bathroom! I am still waiting for mine to be retiled, painted, new light fixture...