Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Tag

Here's another TAG
YOU'RE IT!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yep, I named myself - first off Fall is my favorite season -love it. Second I needed to come up with another word that worked well with Fall and that I could find a picture of (you know, for my profile). Hum, I'd taken two years of French in high school (which was of little use when I visited Paris last summer). Thankfully Twenty years later I can still remember the french word for flower, Fleur. I could find an orangish flower. There is is FallFleur!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I can't remember but, I think I'm due. Oh ya, Tuesday last week, marriage is hard sometimes.


3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING
No, but, at least I can write in a straight line


4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Swiss cheese - I know it's not meat. But the way I figure is that any sandwich with any kind of meat is made better with swiss cheese


5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
I have four kids. My oldest turns 16 tomorrow. EEEK!


6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
That's a tough one. I hope I would be friends with me but, I think it is difficult to be my friend because I don't let people get close. I think that most times I come off as cold and distant, a bit prickly. I probably would seek an easier target to be friends with.


7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Sometimes, but I try not to (unsuccessfully)


8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
yes


9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No I'm not big on the height thing. I like roller coasters and snowboarding. That's enough of a 'dropping' thrill for me.


10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I've always liked Fruity Pebbles but I don't buy it. That tiny box is only good for one meal and then it's gone. Not really worth the high price. I really haven't eaten cereal for a while. I'm on an oatmeal kick right now. I love it with fruit or pecans and brown sugar.


11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
This an interesting questions. I was always told to untie my shoes so that they wouldn't wear out as fast. You know the hard rub on the back of the shoe if you don't untie. It's just second nature to untie when I remove my shoes.
My kids on the other hand drive me nuts 'cause none of them untie. I've threatened to stop buying shoes for them but since I'm a BIG pushover it does no good.
My son rarely ties his shoes at all (only to exercise) they just flop around on his foot like big ol cloppers.


12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
No, not physically, not really emotionally but, I like to think that I am spiritually strong.


13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Anything Chocolate. But I LOVE Leatherby's hot fudge sundaes with Toasted Almond ice cream with a side of sliced bananas. It is to die for.


14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
This is pretty sad and I am ashamed to admit, but, I first notice their body shape. I hate that I do this. I wish I first noticed their eyes, their mood, their spirit. I have and am working to change this but old habits die hard and some of those snap judgments totally condem me.


15. FAVORITE COLOR?
I love the cheeriness of Yellow.


16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
What I notice first about others....

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
I miss my grandma. She died when I was 13 which was way too soon. She was an amazing woman who lived her life with enthusiasm and joy. I think when I get to the other side she'll be the one I'm most excited to see (probably even before my husband and kids).


18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black yoga pants (not that I do yoga, they're comfortable and stylish). Shoes - black slides


19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Subway sandwich (chicken breast something or other) a bag of ruffles potato chips and a bottle of water.
We took a youth trip and stopped at the park for dinner. Subway was on the menu.


20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Not a single thing. I am up early but no one else in the house is awake. The house is completely still. I guess I can sort of hear the water falling into the pond by my front door.


21. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Sunny Yellow


22. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Henri Bendel -Lavender Leaves. The problem is that they don't make this fragrance anymore and I have to pay big bucks on ebay to get it.
I also relish the way my kids smell after softball/baseball - it's a sweet mixture of heat, dirt, leather and grass.


23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
DARLING HUSBAND,He's been really sick the last few days (actually about a week) He asked me to bring him something to eat that might settle his stomach.


24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Oh ya, I'm so glad she thought of me. (see the friend statement above)


25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I love watching my kids play baseball and softball. It's the best!


26. HAIR COLOR?
Wella brand - Dark brown. It covers the grey nicely and doesn't fade red.


27. EYE COLOR?
Honey brown. If you look closely you'll see that I have two small holes in my iris that make it look like I have black spots. Pretty Cool I think!


28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope, never needed contacts or glasses. I've got pretty good eyesight. I am the only one of my siblings who doesn't need corrective lenses. My husband has even better eyesight than me. BUT, my kids on the other hand did not inherit the good eyes of their parents. They all are 'blind' without contacts.


29. FAVORITE FOOD?
Chocolate Chip Cookies (my recipe) fresh from the oven. Oh how I long for those cookies. On the 23rd for June I set goal to abstain from sweets and sodas for 30 days. I have seven more days and you can bet that on July 24th I'll be eating a whole pan of those babies myself.


30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Definitely 'happy endings'. I hate, Hate, HATE scary movies. I hate, Hate, HATE being scared and most especially the evil that is put into those nasty, scary movies.


31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Theater -Wall-E - terrible, terrible movie. I kept waiting for the Pixar magic to click in but the further along the movie went the more frustrated I got. Do we really need to be told one more time that, as a species, man is a stupid, lazy, sheep-like, planet wasting scum bag and that the only life form that could possibly survive man's destruction is a cockroach? I think NOT.

DVD - I loved watching Dan in Real Life. cute, Cute, CUTE movie. I loved the line 'YOU ARE A MUUURDEER OF LOVE!' Classic!


32. PLACE YOU MOST WANT TO VISIT?
Nauvoo. period.


33. FAVORITE SEASON ?
Fall - I love the coolness in the air, the smell of burning leaves and the brilliant colors. Hands down -fall is the greatest season.


34. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs - there's nothing like a warm, gentle hug to lift you up.


35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
see above - favorite ice cream and favorite food.


36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Uncle Tom's Cabin. Just started it last night. I think it's gonna be a heavy one. Not just because it has 640 pages

37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't have a mouse pad


38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Did not watch TV last night. We are smack in the middle of a month without TV. Hence Uncle Tom's Cabin


39. FAVORITE SOUND?
The crack of the bat off of one of my kids hits!


40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Hum - I'm not sure what to say on this one 'cause I don't really prefer one over the other.
I like some of each and just as much don't like some. So I don't really fit into either stereotype


41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
England and France


42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can make the worlds best chocolate chip cookie


Life should not be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely in
an attractive and well preserved body, but
rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used
up, totally worn out, and screaming
'Woo Hoo -- What A Ride!'

No comments: