Sunday, May 25, 2008

What Do You Say to a Duck in Your House?

The other day I was upstairs working on the computer. I had the back door open on to the upper deck. I heard a noise behind me and saw a duck walking in the door. I got up and said, "Whatcha doin?" I followed the poky duck back out the door. Daddy duck was sitting on the deck and immediately flew away when he saw me. But, mommy just kept waddling across the deck. She pushed and squeezed her self through the railing and floated onto the grass below.

When I told my dad the story he got a kick out of my response. "Whatch doing?" Today he called me. I asked him, "What do you say to a duck in your house?" He resonded, "The same thing your mother said to me when I peeked in on her in the shower."




This is a view from my deck. The river is just behind those trees.


Mom and Dad and my darling younger sister and her two cute girlies came to visit last week. It was so great to have them with us. She is such a wonderful mom. She tells me that she learned so many good things from watching me parent my kids. But the truth is she does it so much better and with greater kindness than I did. Mom and Dad are awesome and they are such amazing grandparents.


They were all so impressed with the 'wildlife' that grace my back yard. Every time a goose, duck, mink, herron, crane, fish, hawk, etc. could be seen from my kitchen window they would call the girls over to look at it. They went outside to get a closer look often. I realized that I really take my view for granted. What a wonderful world we live in and how lucky am I to have such a beautiful part of it in my back yard. I will definately take time to soak it in more often.


No comments: