Saturday, June 13, 2009

SUNSHINE's Humor

I have another blog that I keep as a private blog. It's more of a family enterprise...all of my kids are set up as authors...sometimes they suprise me with the posts they make. I thought I'd share a recent one SUNSHINE posted.

She is 14 and has been reading through the Old Testament. She has done really well to make certain that she doesn't miss a day. I love her dedication, even for me the Old Testament is difficult at times. One time when I was talking to her about her dedication she complained about the geneology..so and so begat so and so who begat so and so and SO ON.... I told her that I usually skip and skim those parts. She told me that she thought about doing that too but then thought about what it might be like in the next life when she has a chance to meet these people and have one of them confront her with, "I can't believe you thought I was not important enough to even read my name." So she reads every single name.

So with that bit of introdution I share part of her posting....



"During my studying of the Bible I have done the imposible! I found something in there that I think is hilarious! In Numbers 22:28-30 I found this. K so in the story this guy, Balaam, is talking to his donkey. Well accually the donkey is speaking to him. So the donkey is saying all this stuff and it asks Balaam a question. And Balaam answers "nay".

In case you didn't understand the humor in that, I'll break it down for you: The donkey is talking and the guy says nay. That seems a little backward to me.



2 comments:

Becky Frame said...

LOL!!!! :) :) :) I love that! Thanks for the laugh. :)

tammy said...

That is funny. And what a wise girl she is. I don't think I'll skim over the names ever again thanks to that lesson.