Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pay It Forward

It has been WAY TOO LONG since I have taken time to post anything here. I still check in on my favorite blogs (you can bet that if you've commented here or seen a comment from me I've lurked on your blog for the last few months). I'd say I was sorry for not posting more and for neglecting the blogging world without so much as a "see ya later", but that would not be completely honest. I've been crazy busy finishing my last semester of classes and even though I've done well, other things have taken priority to posting.

My marriage has taken some pretty big hits and I have a difficult time being positive. So rather than pretending to be up beat and joyously looking for God's hand and searching for "His plan" in all this. I've been silent. Who knows maybe I've been away for too long and no one even looks here any more. I can't say I'd blame anyone. C'est La Vie!

So what has brought me back to post, you may ask. The answer to that question is - Lizzy, at http://icecreamdiary.blogspot.com/ She has been the catalyst to my resurrection. Several weeks ago she named me as a recipient of her "pay it forward". A couple of days ago I received her gift in the mail. See the beautiful earrings and necklace? Isn't she just wonderful?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you my fellow Ice Cream obsesser. I love them!


Posted by Picasa

Since she chose me for this gift I've tried to think of something I could pass on to someone else. I think the general idea is to "Make" something. I used to be pretty creative but those creative juices have not been flowing very well. And I've got a couple of vague ideas. I'll put them to work this week and see if I can make something that I wouldn't be embarrased to pass on. Wish me luck.

P.S. If anyone is still out there after my extended absence, let me know. 'Cause I'll soon have three gifts to pass on.

3 comments:

Becky Frame said...

First of all, you're beautiful. And secondly, yay! I got my jewelry from Liz in the mail a couple of days ago too! I have yet to blog about it. I think I'm going to offer free blog design to three blogspot bloggers. But I only know one style, so they'd have to look at my work before they accept. I don't know. I haven't quite decided yet. Anyway, it's not quite making something, but it's offering a service. Maybe you could do something similar. Not sure how, though. Awfully hard to fold someone else's laundry online. :)

tammy said...

Sorry you're going through a rough time. Wish I had some wonderful words of advice. Hang in there.

Congratulations on finishing school. That is fabulous.

Cute, cute picture!

Get Hooked said...

I love the jewelry!!! And I couldn't agree with Becky more, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

I miss you!!! We just got a bunkbed from our back door neighbors, you want to come and stay? There is a bed for everyone now!